The following is a list of synchrotron sources in the united states. The list consists primarily of sources used for macromolecular crystallography.
- Advanced Light Source (ALS, Berkeley, CA)
- Advanced Photon Source (APS, Argonne, IL)
- Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source (MacCHESS, Ithaca, NY)
- National Synchrotron Light Source (NSLS, Brookhaven, NY)
- Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Laboratory (SSRL, Stanford, CA)
- Structural Biology Synchrotron Users Organization, (BioSync, San Diego, CA)
The following is a list of general purpose synchrotron sources in the united states (excluding listed in category above).
The following is a list of general purpose synchrotron sources in the world (excluding listed in categories above).
- Elettra (Trieste, Italy)
- European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF, Grenoble, France)
- Hamburger Synchrotronstrahlungslabor HASYLAB (DESY, Hamburg, Germany)
- LURE (Orsay, France)
- Max Lab (Max Lab, Lund, Sweden)
- Brazillian Synchrotron Light Source (LNLS, Campinas, Brazil)
- Photon Factory @ High Energy Accelarator Research Organization KEK (Ibaraki, Japan)
- Daresbury SRS (Daresbury, England)
- SPring-8 @ Japan Synchrotron Radiation Research Institute (Hyogo, Japan)
- Swiss Light Source @ Paul Sherrer Institut (Villigen, Switzerland)
- Diamond (Ditcot, England)