1. Stroupe, M. E., C. Xu, B. J. Goode, and N. Grigorieff. 2009. Actin filament labels for localizing protein components in large complexes viewed by electron microscopy. RNA 15:244-248
2. Sache, C., J. Z. Chen, P. D. Coureux, M. E. Stroupe, M. Fändrich, and N. Grigorieff. 2007. High-resoluion electron microscopy of helical specimens: a fresh look at tobacco mosaic virus. Journal of Molecular Biology 3:812-835.
3. ME Stroupe*, TØ Tange*, DR Thomas, MJ Moore, N Grigorieff (2006). “The three dimensional architecture of the EJC core.” JMB, 4, 743-9.
4. T Shibuya, TØ Tange, ME Stroupe and MJ Moore (2006). “Mutational analysis of human eIF4AIII identifies regions necessary for exon junction complex formation and nonsense-mediated mRNA decay.” RNA, 3, 360-374.
5. ME Stroupe, HK Leech, DS Daniels, MJ Warren, and ED Getzoff (2003). “CysG structure reveals tetrapyrrole- binding features and novel regulation of siroheme biosynthesis.” Nat. Struct. Bio., 10, 1064-1073.
6. WB Greenleaf, JJ Perry, AS Hearn, DE Cabelli, JR Lepock, ME Stroupe, JA Tainer, DS Silverman (2004). “Role of hydrogen bonding in the active site of human manganese superoxide dismutase.” Biochemistry, 22, 7038-7045.
7. AS Hearn, ME Stroupe, DE Cabelli, CA Ramilo, JP Luba, JA Tainer, HS Nick, and DN Silverman (2003). “Catalytic and Structural Effects of Amino Acid Substitution at Histidine 30 in Human Manganese Superoxide Dismutase: Insertion of Valine Cγ into the Substrate Access Channel.” Biochemistry, 10, 2781-9.
8. ME Stroupe (2002). “Making and Using Siroheme: the x-ray Crystallographic Structures of Siroheme Synthase of Sulfite Reductase” thesis.
9. AS Hearn, ME Stroupe, DE Cabelli, JR Lepock, JA Tainer, HS Nick, and DN Silverman (2001). Kinetic analysis of product inhibition in human manganese superoxide dismutase. Biochemistry, 40, 12051-8.
10. VJ Leveque, ME Stroupe, JR Lepock, DE Cabelli, JA Tainer, HS Nick, and DN Silverman (2000). Multiple replacements of glutamine 143 in human manganese superoxide dismutase: effects on structure, stability, and catalysis. Biochemistry, 39, 7131-7.
Review articles and book chapters
1. ME Stroupe and ED Getzoff. “The role of siroheme in sulfite and nitrite reductases” in Tetrapyrroles: their birth, life, and death. ed. MJ Warren and A Smith. Landes Bioscience. 2005
2. ME Stroupe and ED Getzoff (2001). “Sulfite Reductase Hemoprotein” in Handbook of Metalloproteins. ed. A. Messerschmidt, R. Huber, T. Poulos, and K. Wieghardt. John Wiley and Sons, Ltd. Chichester.
3. ME Stroupe, M Didonato, and JA Tainer (2001). “Manganese Superoxide Dismutase” in Handbook of Metalloproteins. ed. A. Messerschmidt, R. Huber, T. Poulos, and K. Wieghardt. John Wiley and Sons, Ltd. Chichester"